Website _WorkwithYork WorkwithYork
Local public sector recruiter
Do you have a background within Town Planning?
Do you have extensive knowledge and experience of the planning system, as well as current planning legislation, policies, and procedures?
Are you available to start work immediately?
We are WorkwithYork and are currently looking for a a qualified and/or experienced Planning Officer to manage a caseload of planning applications. You will be working within a high-profile central Planning and Development Management Team, on enforcement investigations and planning and certificate of lawfulness applications, in respect of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs).
Our client is seeking an individual, enthusiastic, and passionate about planning, to assist their team on a 4-month temporary assignment.
Rate of pay is competitive, dependent upon experience.
The client offers flexible working arrangements with staff operating from home and from a modern office environment within York City Centre.
Key skills/experience required: –
- A relevant degree, and ideally have secured, chartered membership of the RTPI.
- Experience in the field is essential and your knowledge of current planning legislation and guidelines will need to be fully up to date. You will also have extensive knowledge of the Local Government Planning and Development Control system.
- A minimum of 12 months experience with a similar position.
- Good communication skills. You will be dealing with a wide range of stakeholders on a daily basis to convey complex, detailed information in a clear and concise way.
- Proven IT skills, including use of GIS and other specialist planning database systems.
Please only apply for this position if you have the skills and experience as outlined above.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Steve or please send your CV and/or completed application form (including two referee details) to [email protected]
Regrettably, we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy, you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.