Website workwithschools WorkwithSchools
Local ethical supply teaching agency
WorkwithSchools are looking to recruit a permanent Playgroup Assistant for a Pre-School Playgroup, with a Good Ofsted rating, based approx. 10 miles north west of York and 4 miles from Easingwold.
The role is for 30 hours per week, starting ASAP and applicants should hold a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare qualification, along with an enhanced DBS check.
A competitive rate of pay is available.
- To help set up the playroom for the daily programme and help tidy up at the end of the session, ensuring all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To advise the pre-school leader of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment. Preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and be familiar with relevant play and learning plans.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding the children, their families or other staff that is learned
Successful candidates will;
- Be personable, approachable, and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be a real team player and can work using their own initiative.
- Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and have experience dealing with safeguarding issues
- Have a willingness to learn.
- Have a commitment to young children and families
Commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
How to apply
For more information, please contact us on 01904 554195.
To register with us, please email an up-to-date CV, along with details of 2 referees to [email protected]
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithSchools staff to share this commitment. All applicants are required to provide two teaching references. We also require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via the DBS if you are not registered with the DBS Online Update Service.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.