A man who was sought by York police over ‘threats to kill’ has been released without charge.
On Tuesday (October 4) York police put out an urgent appeal to locate 35-year-old Paul Starr. They warned the public not to approach him if seen, but to dial 999.
That afternoon he was arrested and placed in police custody.
He was released today (Wednesday). A police spokesman said: “A 35-year-old man arrested on 4 October 2016 on suspicion of making threats to kill has been released from custody today and will face no further action.”
From October 4, 2016 10.30am
Updated: York man wanted over ‘threats to kill’ is now in custody
Wanted man Paul Starr is wanted no more.
On Tuesday morning (October 4) York police put out an urgent appeal to locate the 35-year-old. They warned the public not to approach him if seen, but to dial 999.
A few hours later he had been found and arrested. A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said:
Our thanks to everyone who shared the appeal to find him.
From October 4, 2016 10.30 am
Hunt for wanted York man: If you see him dial 999 immediately
If you see this man, do not approach him but call the police immediately.
Officers have issued an urgent appeal to locate the wanted man, Paul Starr.
They need to speak to the 35-year-old about threats he is suspected of making towards a number of individuals.
Starr’s whereabouts are unknown, but he has links to the Clifton area of York. Officers are making extensive enquiries across the city to find him.
Inspector Ian Mcniff, of North Yorkshire Police, said:
If you see or hear this appeal, do the right thing and hand yourself in straight away.
Anyone who recognises Starr, or knows where he is, should contact North Yorkshire Police immediately. Dial 999. Do not approach him.