A panicking landlord thought his North Yorkshire property had gone up in flames early this morning (Sunday).
The owner, who lives in London, spotted the ‘fire’ at the property he rented out in Easby, near Stokesley on CCTV.
He first contacted the London fire service who called North Yorkshire firefighters at 4.46am.
Stokesley and Danby fire crews were scrambled to go to the scene.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “After contacting the caller directly for further information, the owner in London confirmed this was now a false alarm with fire crews then stood down – after his neighbour in Easby had called round to find an unattended Shisha pipe.”