A man was rescued from his home by firefighters this morning (New Year’s Eve / Sunday).
Crews from Acomb and York responded to a 999 call at 11.23am.
The caller said that a smoke alarm had been sounding for some time and that there was a smell of burning from a home on Burton Stone Lane.
Burton Stone Lane, York
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival they forced entry as the male occupant was still inside the premises, asleep after leaving cooking in the oven.
“Using a door enforcer to gain entry, fire crew in breathing apparatus walked the male – who was unresponsive initially – to safety, where he was checked by paramedics and did not require hospital attendance.
“Fire crews moved the burnt cooking outside where it was dampened down and the premises made safe.”