Firefighters rescue man from house blaze in York
A man was rescued from a fire at a house in York last night (Thursday).
Fire crews from from Acomb, York and Huntington were called to the incident on Barkston Close at 10.23pm.
The fire was caused by an unattended frying pan.
Barkston Close, York
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said a man aged in his 60s was rescued from the ground floor by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
He was given a precautionary check-up at the scene from paramedics.
Fire crews used two hose reel jets to put out the fire.
The house had smoke alarms fitted which activated and alerted a neighbour who called 999.