Firefighters were called to an incident in Malton last night (Saturday).
They responded to a chimney fire in a home on Langton Road.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews extinguished the fire that was confined to the chimney pot using a hose reel. This was accessed using a 9 metre ladder and working at height equipment.
Langton Road, Malton
“The second pot was checked for hotspots using a thermal imaging camera. Crews also used a hearth kit and chimney rods.
“The fire was believed to be caused by an accumulation of soot and a safe and well was carried out by crews.”