Firefighters have tackled four house fires in North Yorkshire overnight.
As we reported last night, they were called to a fire on York Lane, Flaxton, at 5.33pm.
Shortly before that, at 5.24pm, two crews went to a house on Brewery Gardens, Tadcaster.
The fire was in the lounge. On Twitter, NYFRS_Tad said: “This evening Tadcaster crews 93P1 and 93P2 attended a fire in a living room, the cause was a candle igniting the curtains.
“We used 2 breathing apparatus, 1 hose reel jet and a fan to extinguish the fire. If you use candles please keep them away from anything flammable.”
At 6.11pm, firefighters went to reports of a cooker fire at a house on Sandy Lane, Ripon.
A chip pan was believed to have started the fire, and everyone was safely out of the property.
Firefighters put out the flames and took the cooker outside.
And at 6.13pm, three fire engines were sent to a flat on Applegarth Terrace, Northallerton, where a sofa was on fire on the first floor.
“One male suffered smoke inhalation and oxygen therapy was administered by the crews until arrival of an ambulance,” the fire service said.
They put out the fire, which caused damage to an armchair, heater and wall in the lounge.