Fire crews called out to Acomb incident
Fire crews were called out to a kitchen fire at a house in York this morning (Saturday).
At 11.48am, crews from Acomb and York attended a report of a cooker fire in a two storey property on Gale Lane, Acomb.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The incident involved a fire in an oven which spread to cardboard on the hob causing fire damage to the cooker and kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the house.
“Crews used one hose reel, two breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and positive pressure ventilation fan.”