North Yorkshire firefighters were called to a property after people smelled gas inside last night.
They were called to the home in Crambe, between York and Malton, at 6.34pm last night (Friday).
A Malton fire crew “carried out a thorough check of the property and found a smell of oil fumes in the garage of the property,” a North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said.
“Carbon monoxide was also detected using a gas detector. The landlord of the property had isolated the boiler prior to the fire service’s arrival.
“Crews ventilated the property using a PPV fan until there was no traces of carbon monoxide being detected.
“Crews gave advice to the home occupier and carried out a safe and well check before leaving the incident with the landlord to arrange for a plumber to attend.”