You know it must be getting towards the back end of the school summer holidays when a story like this comes in.
Firefighters had to be called out on Thursday (August 18) after two children got stuck – in the same swing.
North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service sent out a crew from Huntington fire station when they were called about the problem at 12.27pm.
They headed over to Haxby Road in New Earswick where the two girls, aged nine and 11, had both become stuck after squeezing into the same child’s swing.
A fire service spokesman said: “They were released uninjured by fire crew using hand tools and a socket set.”
Underlying the varied nature of a firefighter’s work, crews from Acomb and York later tackled a pan fire at a commercial premises on Hull Road, York.
The fire broke out at about 3.45pm after cooking was left unattended and caused damage to the pan and surrounding area. Crews used foam extinguishers to put it out.
And across at Hunmanby Sands, a crew from Filey was called out at 11.48am to reports of a paraglider who had come down and landed in a tree.
On arrival they found that the man had managed to free himself from the tree and wasn’t hurt.