Crews called to kitchen fire in York
Two fire crews were called to a fire in a kitchen in York.
Acomb and York firefighters responded to the call to a home on Chapelfields Road at 4.39pm yesterday (Tuesday).
It followed smoked coming from a washing machine.
Chapelfields Road, York
Firefighters from Acomb and York went to the incident.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “It resulted in fire, heat and smoke damage to interior of machine only.
“Slight smoke logging to kitchen but insufficient smoke to activate smoke detector.
“Crews removed washing machine to open and a thermal imaging camera to carry out inspection. Cause is believed to be overheating.”