Boy, 16, attacked by muggers demanding money near York
A teenage boy was hurt by two muggers who demanded money from him on the street.
It happened on York Street, Dunnington near the bus stop, at around 5.10pm on Saturday (11 December).
Two males approached a 16-year-old boy and demanded money.
The males then assaulted the boy leaving him with cuts and bruises.
North Yorkshire Police are appealing for witnesses and video footage. They ask for people to contact them if you:
- Were in the area at the time and have any information
- Are a motorist and may have captured the suspects or the incident on dashcam
- If you have CCTV or doorbell camera footage along York Road or the bus stop and may have captured the suspects or the incident on camera.
Contact details below.
How to help the police
- Call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for PC 1516 Storr
- Email PC Storr here
- Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the website
- Quote reference number 12210259007