Bedroom badly damaged in house fire

Library photograph: YorkMix
27 Mar 2018 @ 7.55 am
| News

Two fire crews were called out to a blaze near York which left a bedroom badly damaged.

Acomb and York firefighters responded to a call at 8.25pm on Monday (March 26) to a detached bungalow in Copmanthorpe.

They extinguished the fire before ventilating the property with a fan. The fire was thought to have started in overheating equipment in the bedroom.

Later, at 9.07pm a York crew extinguished a rubbish fire in the play area of a children’s park off Dodsworth Avenue using a bucket of water.

The fire was started deliberately.