Arriva Bus strike to go into a 4th week affecting services from Selby to York and Leeds
Arriva Yorkshire says it’s disappointed for all customers to confirm that the strike will be entering a fourth week, with no date yet for services being resumed.
It added: “We remain committed to getting our drivers back to work and buses back on the road as soon as possible. We once again ask the union to call off the action and let our people vote on the latest pay offer.”
ON June 15th Arriva said the new offer “represents an increase of between 8.2% and 12.7% and raises the top rate to £13.15 per hour as well as increasing back pay.”
Once again this Saturday a combination of a train and bus strike will leave the Selby District cut off from public transport with Taxi services very busy again.
Arriva North East bus services that operate into North Yorkshire are not affected by strike action.
Unite, the union involved, said earlier in the week that it is “committed to negotiating to try and bring this dispute to an end.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) I have purchased a ticket to travel which is now on a strike day. Can I get a refund of my ticket?
If you hold a ticket which is valid on a strike day and we will be issuing the days missed as a form of credit.
Please contact our customer services team by clicking on this link arrivabus.co.uk/help/contact-us
Depending on your ticket type you will need to provide the following information:
- Paper ticket: please provide an image of the ticket with your credit request. Together with your postal address.
- M-Ticket: please provide your order ID which can be found on the email confirmation you received when you purchased the ticket.
- Arriva Connect Smart Cards: please provide the long card number found on the card and the email address linked to your connect account.
- Metro/M-card: please contact Mcard directly at m-card.co.uk/contact-us
2) Will you be providing compensation for any other costs I incur as a result of the strike?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide compensation for any additional costs you may incur due to the strike.