A bid for a 24-hour alcohol licence has been put in by a York hotel.
It is for the Holgate Bridge Hotel on Holgate Road in York. The alcohol licence would run for 24 hours for guests and from 8am-midnight for members of the public.
The application states: “We request an on-premises licence for a new 12 room hotel aiming for the exclusive design led boutique hotel market.
“The hotel is a design led concept attracting a discreet clientele.
“We have 12 bedrooms – likely to accommodate a maximum of 22 guests. In addition we have a 18 cover dining room, 12 cover basement bar and 36 cover garden space.
“In reality we seek to service only hotel guests and the local community.”
It proposes four conditions:
- the full 24 hour provision of alcohol is to guests and bona-fide guests only
- sales of alcohol to members of the public be limited to 08:00 – 24:00. The sale of alcohol to members of the public, between 08:00 – 10:00 hours, daily, will be ancillary to food
- all off sales of alcohol shall be in sealed containers
- No drinks or drinking glasses shall be taken out of the licensed premises or licensed area
- to cease service of alcohol in the garden at 22:00 daily.
Representations about the licence application end on 23 April.